To be an active part of God’s community where all seek justice, love kindnss and walk humbly with God.
To nurture ALL people on their life journeys and to bring God’s love to the world.
God’s Love, Jesus’ Example, Holy Spirit’s Presence as demonstrated through Service, Inclusiveness, Teaching, Grace, Social Justice, Compassion, Humility, Forgiveness
- God spoke to the prophets, Jesus and the disciples, but God also continues to speak to people of faith today.
- As we evolve, our understanding of creation changes and thus our understanding of God changes. Our faith (trust) in God does not change.
- While we follow Jesus as Lord, we will respect all faith traditions to the extent that they, too, bring God’s love to all the world.
- We have experienced the spirit of God in all the diversity of humankind and will extend grace and acceptance to all.
- Physical health and the fellowship of shared meals were important parts of the ministry of Jesus and will be so for our ministry.
- Young people were important parts of the ministry of Jesus and will be so for our ministry.
- Music can help us experience a reality that is beyond the limitation of words. Music will be an important part of our ministry.
- Worship, private and corporate, will be an integral part of who we are. The places, forms and liturgies of worship will be both diverse and constantly changing.
- Our focus, both individually and as we reach out to others, will be to experience God, not to explain God.
- Our emphasis will be on “living the message” and not just proclaiming it.