In the Fairport UMC Nursery we hope to provide a safe, loving, fun and comfortable environment for both you and your child. To accomplish this, our nursery volunteers will walk, rock, read, and play with the children to ensure that they are content.
The nursery is designed for children ages birth through 3 years. For the safety of the little ones, no children over the age of 3 will be permitted to stay in the nursery. We do provide Sunday School for those 3 year olds who are ready for a more structured class. See note below.
The nursery will be open 10 minutes prior to regular services and approximately 10 minutes after each service. Please come for your child immediately following the service.
Procedure to Place Your Child in the Nursery
– Please put your child’s name on your diaper bag and its contents (i.e., water bottle, diapers, pacifier, etc.).
– All nursery-age children must be signed into the room by their parent or adult guardian. Place a name tag on your child, along with the number of the pager that you have taken. Please share with the nursery volunteers any pertinent information by making a notation on the sign-in sheet
– Many children cry when being left by parents. We understand and expect this to happen. In most cases, crying stops shortly after you leave. If your child continues to cry after 5 or 10 minutes, we will page you. If you desire an earlier page than this please make a note on the sign-in sheet.
– Children will only be released to the parent or guardian possessing a pager. This is for security and the protection of your child.
Nursery Registration Form – click here
– Due to the increasing number and severity of food allergies in a number of our children, we have instituted a NO FOOD policy in our nursery. No snacks of any type, or any bottles containing formula or breast milk will be permitted. A place outside of the nursery room will be available if a child needs a bottle or to breastfeed. We ask that you remove any food items from your diaper bag, as sometimes even the smell of an allergen can cause a reaction.
– In order to ensure the safety and health of other babies and workers, please refrain from bringing your child if he or she has had any of the following symptoms within the past 24 hours: diarrhea, vomiting, fever, rash, open sores, or runny nose (anything but clear).
Our Preschool Sunday School Program
During each service we have a Sunday School class for preschoolers. Generally the children join the class once they have had their 3rd birthday. Since this class is only slightly more structured than the Nursery it would be appropriate for a more mature 2 year old, especially if they are the only older child in the Nursery.