And Reserve Your Seat at the bottom of this page!
Thanks for joining us here at Fairport United Methodist Church! To help maintain a safe environment for everyone, we ask that you reserve a seat for worship at this time. Reservations will open Tuesday each week and will close when all spots are filled.
During these times, worship at church is going to be a little different and we would like to explain it to you here.
If you are new to Fairport United Methodist Church, we encourage you to take a look around our website.
Will you continue online worship?
Yes! Worship will continue to be live streamed at 9:30 AM each Sunday for those who feel more comfortable at home at this time.
Services are presently available on Facebook (Fairport UMC). Current and prior services are also available by clicking the Online Services option under the Worship tab on this web page. For more information regarding Online Worship, click here.
What time does service begin?
We will be holding one service: Sunday at 9:30 AM. Doors will open 30 minutes before service starts and our goal is to have service last about 45 minutes. As check-in will take a minute, please arrive before the service start time to ensure you don’t miss any part of the worship!
Where do I go when I arrive?
You can enter the building through the Parking Lot entrance only (the double doors near the elevator). Volunteers will greet you and ask you about experiencing COVID Symptoms. A bulletin and pre-apackaged communion set (if a communion Sunday) will be given to you and then an usher will help you find a seat.
After service, exiting will be done through the Sanctuary doors through guidance from the ushers.
Where do my children go?
Children of all ages are always welcome in our worship services! At this time, we ask children in the sanctuary stay with their parent/guardian at all times, seated, with masks on. (Children ages Infant-2 do not require masks.) The nursey will not be open.
What will service be like?
When you join us for a worship service we want you to feel safe, welcomed and ready to experience God’s love. Service will include music, scripture reading, prayer, a message and once a month communion.
On Communion Sundays (1st Sunday of the month) pre-packaged , disposable communion sets will be given to you as you enter the Sanctuary. During the service, we will celebrate communion and commune together.
Donation baskets will be available as you enter and exit for you to place your offering.
What precautions are you taking to help keep everyone safe?
- Preregistration is required to be sure we can keep distanced.
- We have extra signage reminding us of how to be safe.
- Masks are required at all times. Disposable masks will be available.
- As a best practice, everyone is to stay 6 feet apart from those not in their household. Please be mindful of others around you.
- Our sanctuary seating has been properly distanced.
- Congregational singing is not yet allowed at this time. However you are allowed to hum quietly with your mask on.
- Speakers and musicians will be positioned 20 feet from the congregation.
- Worship will last about 45 minutes. It is best that we don’t stay inside with a group of people for a much longer period of time.
- We discourage restroom use, but if use is necessary, please use the restroom in the main hallway. One person at a time unless accompanying a child.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building and you are encouraged to use it when you enter and exit the building.
- We have stepped up our cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Please help keep the sanctuary clean and take any garbage away with you. Trash cans will be available at the exits. On communion Sundays the ushers will take your used disposable communion set.
This Weekend’s Reservations
Reservations will open Tuesday each week and will close when all spots are filled. To make a reservation, just click here!