Thanks for joining us here at Fairport United Methodist Church!
During these times, worship at church is going to be a little different and we would like to explain it to you here.
If you are new to Fairport United Methodist Church, we encourage you to take a look around our website.
Will you continue online worship?
Yes! Worship will continue to be live streamed at 10:30 AM each Sunday for those who feel more comfortable at home at this time.
Services are presently available on Facebook (Fairport UMC) and Youtube. Current and prior services are also available by clicking the Prior Services option under the Worship tab on this web page. For more information regarding Online Worship, click here.
What time does service begin?
We will be holding two services: Sunday at 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM. Doors will open 30 minutes before service starts and our goal is to have service last about 45 minutes.
Where do I go when I arrive?
You can enter the building through the Parking Lot entrance only (the double doors near the elevator). Volunteers will greet you and, if desired, an usher will help you find a seat.
After service, exiting will be done through the Sanctuary doors through guidance from the ushers.
Where do my children go?
Children of all ages are always welcome in our worship services! At this time, we ask children in the sanctuary stay with their parent/guardian at all times, seated, with masks on. (Children ages Infant-2 do not require masks.) The nursery will not be open.
What will service be like?
When you join us for a worship service we want you to feel safe, welcomed and ready to experience God’s love. Service will include music, scripture reading, prayer, a message and once a month communion.
On Communion Sundays (1st Sunday of the month) pre-packaged , disposable communion sets will be given to you as you enter the Sanctuary. During the service, we will celebrate communion and commune together.
Donation baskets will be available as you enter and exit for you to place your offering.
What precautions are you taking to help keep everyone safe?
- We have extra signage reminding us of how to be safe.
- Masks will once again be required at all times for all persons over age 2, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must fit over the nose, mouth and chin with no gaps. N95/KN95 masks, triple-layer cloth masks with filters, or cloth masks worn on top of blue surgical masks are the best options. Disposable masks will be available.
- As a best practice, everyone is to stay at least 6 feet apart from those not in their household. Please be mindful of others around you.
- Our sanctuary seating has been properly distanced with every other pew row empty.
- Congregational singing is now allowed at this time.
- Speakers and musicians will be positioned 20 feet from the congregation.
- Worship will last about 45 minutes. It is best that we don’t stay inside with a group of people for a much longer period of time. The windows in the Sanctuary will be open.
- We discourage restroom use, but if use is necessary, please use the restroom in the main hallway. One person at a time unless accompanying a child.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building and you are encouraged to use it when you enter and exit the building.
- We have stepped up our cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Please help keep the sanctuary clean and take any garbage away with you. Trash cans will be available at the exits. On communion Sundays the ushers will take your used disposable communion set.